Information we collect
We collect information and data:
(1) about your usage of this website and your interest in the eNett Products, through web tracking software (“Website User Information”);and/or when you report a problem with our site. This may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. Also technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
(2) that users provide when submitting a request for information on our website or when registering online for an eNett Product (“Prospective Customer Information”), including but not limited to business information (name, registration details, address), contact details of the business’ representatives or beneficial owners’ details (such as name and address, date of birth and formal identity document numbers), banking details, industry classification, purpose of the business, and annual revenue or other financial information. Once you become a customer, such information (as amended, altered and/or updated from time to time) will be stored and processed in accordance with this policy as “Customer Data” ;
(3) in the form of transactional data when you use eNett Products (“Transactional Data”), through your use of the eNett Payments Platform you access with your login details or eNett’s application programming interface (API). Typically, this includes information about your business, booking reference,(s) transaction details, supplier/customer details, commission rates, payment amounts and currencies. Depending on the eNett Products you are using, we may also collect credit/charge card details including cardholder name, account number, card type and expiry date; and
(4) through us working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, suppliers and subcontractors in technical, payment and fulfilment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies or other similar organisations - who may check the information against any particulars on the Electoral Register and any other databases) and may receive information about you from them.
Prospective Customer Information and Customer Data may contain data which relate to a living individual who can be identified from that data (“Personal Data”). Together, Website User Information, Prospective Customer Information, Customer Data, Personal Data and Transactional Data are referred to in this policy as “Customer Information”.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
The table below informs you of the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them:
||This cookie is required to maintain
state within eNett websites as well as maintaining the user context
|These cookies are used to
determine and maintain authentication status to enable single sign on
||This cookie is required to
determine and identify a user and a user’s session.
|This cookie enables us to track
and monitor any errors and response times of requests. This information is
used to monitor performance and will alert the team to any issues with eNett
|Generates statistical and other information
about website use and compiles demographic, profile and usage
data relating to the website and eNett Products. The information is used to
create reports about the use of the website and eNett Products.
||This cookie has one single value
"Yes". It is a session cookie and will be dropped and set to Yes
when the webpage calls elqTrackPageViewDisplayOptInBannerByCountry or
elqTrackPageViewDisplayOptInBannerForAll, so the strict-mode banner is only
shown once during a session.
|The purpose of this cookie is to store a user’s response to the opt-in prompt.
|This cookie has a value of all the countries that are subject to strict-mode tracking in the install.
|This cookie gets dropped ONLY if a user consents to being tracked.
|This cookie enables us to track user behaviour which assists us in making improvements in our communications and services.
Why we collect information
Customer Information is collected to:
- Complete the registration of prospective customers;
- Provide the eNett Products, carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, bill and report to you, manage customer accounts, assist with customer queries, notify you of any changes to the eNett Products or our service;
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you already use/have already purchased or enquired about;
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your Customer Information, we (or they) will contact you by e-mail (or other electronic means) only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your Customer Information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please elect the relevant option when you first register with us or when you log in to your account on the eNett Payments Platform;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Enhance the user experience by displaying more relevant information and options to our customers;
- Analyse transaction data for product development;
- Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Assist with keeping our site safe and secure;
- Provide anonymised Transactional Data about the use of the eNett Products and general trends to third parties;
- Comply with the laws and regulations and our suppliers’ obligations, applicable to ENI and eNett Products, for example anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing legislation.
Without the Customer Information, we may not agree to provide you with eNett Products.
As the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process Customer Information necessarily involves the transmission of that information worldwide.
We may share and exchange:
- Customer Information with our affiliates, “Affiliates” (meaning any entity controlled by, controlling, or under common control with ENI) our employees, and officers in countries where we have offices in the Americas, APAC and EMEA, the details of which can be found on www.enett.com.
- Customer Information with third parties such as business partners, agents, suppliers and subcontractors appointed by us to perform services for us or on our behalf, such as financial institutions, card schemes and technology service providers. to enable us to provide the eNett Products and our services to you
- Customer Information to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Customer Information to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Customer Information to Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into an agreement with you.
- Anonymised Transactional Data with third parties. Anonymised Transactional Data will not contain any personal Personal Data.
In addition, we may share Customer Information: (a) to the extent that ENI is required or requested to do so by law, by a court order, by another competent authority; (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; (c) in order to establish, exercise, defend or protect ENI’s legal or other rights; or those of our customers’ or others (d) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Customer Information to the seller or purchaser (or prospective seller or purchaser) of any such business or assets; and (e) if eNett Singapore or eNett UK (as applicable) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Customer Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
For the purposes of (a) to (c) this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage and handling of information
Customer Information is predominantly stored on secure computer servers and filing systems. We take reasonable steps and use up-to-date techniques and processes to protect Customer Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We also maintain up-to-date computer and network security systems with appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of Customer Information.
We will store Customer Information (with the exception of anonymised Transactional Data) only for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration the term of your agreement with ENI and ENI’s need to answer queries, resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s) and those of our suppliers. This means that we may retain Customer Information for a reasonable period after you stop using eNett Products or stop using this website. After this period, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently anonymise the Customer Information.
To ensure the security of Customer Information, we ask that you observe the security requirements that relate to the use of your Customer Information and account, including user IDs, passwords and client access keys.
Your provision of Personal Data of others
Where you provide Personal Data relating to others (e.g. beneficial owners’ details, business representatives’ details) you confirm that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us and for us to use it in accordance with this agreement.
If you have elected to receive marketing emails from ENI and its partners, all emails sent to you will have an option to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe requests will be fulfilled immediately and ENI will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that no further communications will be sent to you if you who have stated that you do not wish to receive the specified information. Please note we will still send you email service notifications in relation to your eNett account or eNett Products You use.
Information Exchanges and Transactions
Industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology has been implemented throughout our application systems.
Information exchanges and transactions, including authentication, passwords, reporting and billing related data between Customers and eNett application systems are strictly protected using this SSL technology.
This ensures that your session is completely private and secure from both external systems and other customers using eNett Products.
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. ENI may keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to (among other things): (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security, (iii) restrict access to this website and/or to certain users, and, (iv) better understand how this website and/or eNett Products are used.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. ENI is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties’ websites.
Effective Date of Policy
Access, correction and complaints – ENI contact
We treat any complaints seriously. Once a complaint has been lodged, our privacy officer will respond to you as soon as possible. If you are unhappy with our handling of your complaint, you may be able to make a complaint to an external dispute resolution provider or a regulator, depending on your jurisdiction.